How to choose a quiet hotel in Santorini
It’s almost time for your grand holiday and there’s only one final preparation to make. Surely it can’t be that hard to find a romantic, quiet place to stay in Santorini, right? Wrong! You will have to use some inside knowledge to get a real cosy room and hotel if you are coming during the season.
Today I thought I could share some of my tips on how to find the best quiet hotel in Santorini. You have plenty of options to choose from, just remember to stick to these rules to get your dream suite. Here are some golden rules to observe:
- Oia, Fira, Kamari and Perissa are the busiest spots. It’s OK if you like company and people all around you, not so much if you’re looking for a quiet getaway. If you want a quiet place, I suggest you stay away from these locations.
- Contact the hotel you choose in advance. Hotels are really open about their suites – if you want a quiet room, but there’s none available, they will definitely let you know and suggest you try someplace else. Customer satisfaction is key.
- Think twice before booking a sunset view in Oia . I get it, sunsets are nice. What people don’t realise is that sunset views attract large crowds. How about taking a stroll outside and looking at it? If you choose this option, you will come back to much more quiet room afterwards.
- Do not book a hotel near bars. Again, if you enjoy a good night out, this is the perfect spot for you; however, if you’re more of the peace seeking types, you should keep away. You can easily find out the information on the hotel and bars on Google Street View.
- Do not book the first room you find. Explore your options, have a look around. Try calling a few hotels before making the final decision.
This should get you ready for finding your perfect Santorini getaway. And one final thing – just chill out and enjoy the moment, even if you don’t get the quietest room. Sometimes all we need is a change in our attitude to find happiness.
Santorini portrait photographer Anna Sulte