5 THINGS YOUR PERFECT SANTORINI HOTEL SHOULD HAVE
Finding a decent hotel is a confusing task and it gets even more confusing if you’re not that familiar with the place your going to and really do not know what to look for. That is why I prepared a quick check list for finding a great hotel in Santorini (i.e. a great hotel in the sense that it offers all the things Santorini is known for, you can still choose if you want a luxurious or a more down-to-earth hotel). So here goes, these are the 5 things to check when looking for a hotel in Santorini, Greece:
- Does the hotel have a swimming pool? I cannot stress how much easier your life will be if you’ll be able to dip in a pool every once in a while. It gets hot here. Plus, many Santorini hotels have infinity pools with stunning views.
- Does the hotel have a good view? Most of the hotels in Santorini offer a Caldera view (cliffs and the Aegean Sea), but that does not mean that other views are less great, check the webpage of the hotel for photos.
- Does the hotel have a (good) restaurant? I mean, it does not have to be first-class (although many places have REALLY great food around here); you just have to check if there is a restaurant and what are some of the foods/prices you might expect.
- Does the hotel have a terrace? Very often the terrace will be merged with the restaurant/pool area. It’s really cool to have an open air terrace in your hotel to relax a bit. Plus, very often Santorini hotel terraces have the best views.
- How about transport? This is in a way related to your hotel choice. If you’re willing to rent a car and travel around, you should check the parking situation. Santorini streets are VERY narrow and you should not just rely that you’ll find a place to park so easily. Just write the hotel a message if you’re not sure.
And there you have it – this should make it easier for you to choose a hotel in Santorini, Greece. Of course, you can sacrifice one or two of these things. :)
Hope this helps and see you in Santorini soon!