BATTLE OF THE BEACHES – KAMARI BEACH VS PERISSA
No other question is on the minds of vacationers than this – which is the ultimate beach to be in Santorini? Everything is subjective, of course, but this time let’s narrow it down and look at two similar black beaches – Kamari and Perissa in Santorini. Which one is better and why?
Let’s start with Kamari. Here’s what I have to say:
- It’s closest to Fira, so if you live around there, it’s definitely an option. If you don’t, each case varies but there’s probably some closer options to you.
- This beach also has its own big rock on the right side – it’s called Mesa Vouno. It might be a nice place to explore or to gaze at while relaxing in the sunshine.
- A lesser known fact is that this beach is actually the most beautiful at night (wink wink, time for a romantic night walk, maybe?). The rock shines in moonlight and creates a very special atmosphere.
- Modern facilities to meet any needs.
On the other hand, Perissa can offer:
- It’s basically right next to Perissa, only a tiny bit further from Fira. If you live there, it won’t make a huge difference, but if you come from outside Fira, this might be enough to change your mind – you can get your tan on quicker probably if you go to Kamari.
- From this beach you can see the other side of Mesa Vouno.
- Lots of modern facilities around – anything from cafes, resorts, hotels etc. etc.
- Next to Perissa beach is Perivolos beach which is wider and has less restaurants than Kamari and Perissa.
The conclusion? Basically the beach look is almost identical – they’re two classic Santorini black beaches. So in my opinion, choose whichever you can get to the fastest and with less transport problems and if it’s full, head on to the other one. More or less, the only difference is choosing on which side you want Mesa Vouno to be :) Just relax and enjoy the sun, wherever you might be.
Anna Sulte Santorini photographer
One Reply to “KAMARI BEACH VS PERISSA, Santorini”