The dreaded dilemma – Santorini vs Mykonos.
Let me just start off with pointing out that you will have a great time on both of these Greek islands, no doubt! And now let’s get ready to rumble!
In the right corner of the ring – Mykonos:
- This is considered the best party island in Greece. If you want to dance till sunrise with your buddies, this is definitely the place for you!
- They have clubs with such awesome names as Paradise and Super Paradise which are filled with super high quality thumping club music. These attract famous DJs whose sets usually run into the next day.
- Sandy aches with clear water to rejuvenate you after the parties.
- Not too family friendly, it will be harder to find things to do for the little ones.
And in the left corner of the ring – Santorini:
- Mostly known as the best destination for loving couples, many even arrive to the island from abroad to get married in its scenic destinations.
- More cafes and restaurants with a quiet and chilled vibe.
- Swimming pools with STUNNING views, like infinity pools that end on the edge of cliffs overlooking the Volcanic Lagoon.
- All types of interesting and different beaches, like black beaches formed from volcanic sand.
- More family friendly, you can for example go on horse rides and go to a waterpark. If you take kids, double check that with your hotel – some hotels are on a Cliffside and they do not allow children for safety reasons.
The winner: Well, nothing in life is easy. You decide it’s subjective and depends on your needs. But this should help clear up your mind, at least. Whatever you do, make sure to come to Santorini someday. See you there.